Week 90 (Last week in Brazil!)

 

At the temple of São Paulo!

What an incredible 2 years in the service of God it has been. I cannot believe that my mission is already coming to an end, and that I'll be leaving this beautiful country that I have come to love, that is, Brazil. However, I'm so thankful for the wonderful mission I have been able to serve here, as well as in Florida, and Michigan, and immensely grateful for all the amazing people I have met and come to love, who have taught me so much. Thank you all for your words of wisdom, Christ-like love, and incredible support during these last 2 years. I feel that I have been able to become more like the savior Jesus Christ in these last 2 years than during any other period of my life, and for that I am eternally grateful. 

O Salvador Jesus Cristo

I'm thankful as well that this week, I was able to pass one last time in the Temple of São Paulo with my amazing companions Elder Ceron and Elder Shepherd, as well as one of our senior couple missionaries, Elder and Sister Steagall. I felt the spirit of the Lord so strong that day in the temple, and a peace and gratitude unexplainable for having had the opportunity to serve in the Lord's vineyard. We took lots of pictures, so that you all can see the beauty of this temple as well, along with with fun Christmas decorations and attractions they set up for others to see. 


The temple of São Paulo

The Christ Child!


Overall I feel as if my mission really has been fulfilled, and I am so excited to move on to the next phase of life, and continue as a disciple and missionary of the Lord Jesus Christ. The way I see it, I'm only being reassigned to another part of the world, only faulting my physical missionary tag, which is now written on my heart. 

To end my last email for these past 2 years, I would like to share one of my favorite scriptures that I have discovered as a missionary, which puts in perspective our true purpose and duty as disciples of Jesus Christ. 
"Wherefore, be faithful; stand in the office which I have appointed unto you; succor the weak, lift up the hands which hang down, and strengthen the feeble knees." (D&C 81:5)

What us our divine responsibility in this life and in the next as missionaries of Christ? Succor the weak, lift up the hands which gang down, and strengthen the feeble knees.

I invite you all to come unto the savior Jesus Christ if you are weak and feeble, and promise that he will heal your wounds and calm the raging tempests. And for you who already have faith in Jesus Christ, I invite you to constantly look and pray for opportunities to serve and love the weak and humble, the meek and poor, and then act. 

~Elder Kasey Lightheart
I just love the Book of Mormon!

A lightheart and the
Book of Mórmon?! What????

O melhor distrito do Mundo, tchuaaaaaa!!!

Sister Dastrup

Sister Wagner

Fun selfie after zone conference!

The one and only, Sister Reck

Sister Nicomedes

Our district is just the best, don't you agree?

Elder Sorensen

Elder Murakami

Elder Shepherd "What the?!"

Elder Ceron "é os Guri, não tem Jeito"

Sister Bird and Sister Carvalho,
the greatest Sister missionaries I know!

Sister Fonseca





 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 6

Week 16 (Coming Home)

Week 43 (Week 26 in Michigan)